Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ETHYL

-The buffer between reality and a good night. Has been known to make people seem more attractive and make obviously stupid idea's seem like good sense.



-I ended up being completely sober tonight reading news articles that I usually forget about. This one caught my attention mainly because it was a topic I would definitely partake in festivities for tonight. I read about a board of college presidents from about 100 of the best-known U.S. universities, including Duke, Dartmouth and Ohio State, that are calling on lawmakers to consider lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18, arguing that current laws actually encourage dangerous binge drinking on campus, word? The movement called the Amethyst Initiative began quietly recruiting presidents more than a year ago to provoke national debate about the U.S. drinking age, which is among the highest in the world. The Amethyst Initiative concluded that because the drinking age is that high the probability of under aged drinking is increased and the amount of alcohol under aged drinkers consume is higher because it is illegal, influencing the need to take advantage of whats available. I'm all for being able to get a legal alcohol at my age considering I'm 18 and a sophomore in college. For the majority my age, lowering the drinking age to 18 would influence a younger demographic, highschool. I only fear that the majority of underaged drinking cases, once the age is lowered, will be reported in deaths and accidents. Until then il decide to advocate. :]

No comments: